Feeling inspired

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I really love scrapbooking. I love cutting and sticking and embellishing and making memories and telling stories. I love paper and typography and ribbons and buttons and paint. But the last 8 months since Noah has been around, I've really only done about 4 pages - and only one of them has had a picture of Noah on it. Gosh by the time Joel was this age I'd almost finished an album on LOs of him. A lot of the reason is time. I haven't had a lot of free time and the time I have had to spare I've been too tired to do anything. I kept hoping and praying that Noah would soon sleep through so that I didn't feel the need to be in bed by 8:30 most nights. But that is yet to happen and I think I may be waiting for a full night's sleep for a long time yet. The tiredness and lack of free time has left me feeling rather un-inspired about scrapping. But no more. I want to do it again. I need to do it again. I have so many fun products and Studio Calico kits I need to use. FULL KITS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN TOUCHED!! I planned on scrapping on Tuesday all day (Joel was at childcare) but Noah had other ideas. Not wanting to be put down at all! So tomorrow - Friday - I am going to attempt to scrap again. I am praying Noah will nap, or at least be happy to lay on the floor or sit in his highchair.
So tomorrow I scrap. I thought I might set myself a challenge of 2 LOs (hoping more for 3 but hey I'm out of practice). And another part of the challenge is to use inspiration from some of the following LOs.
Maggie Holmes (for Studio Calico)
Jen Jockish (for Studio Calico)
Nicole Harper (for Studio Calico)
Hopefully i'll be able to share some LOs soon.
Till next time

1 comments:

Tam said...

Good for you, Megs! I'm struggling to find time lately too, but I so need to get pasty for my own well-being! I hope tomorrow works out for you - I might try to get something done too (I really need something for Saturday's blog post!!!)