Food Inspiration

Monday, October 24, 2011

The last couple of months, with me being off my foot, I haven't been cooking much. Andrew has been the cook in the family (something he does quite well and enjoys) but he doesn't really like to cook too much new stuff, especially when he was looking after all of us as well. Totally fair. So our meals have been yummy but same old same old. Even before I broke my foot, I was stuck in a bit of a cooking/food rut. Churning out the same 10-12 things every fortnight or so. There is nothing wrong with that. It fed us and it was easy and the food was good. But I like to try new things. So now I am back on my feet and wanting to get back into cooking meals again. We've been having lots of "freezer meals" - things we've batch cooked and then frozen serves. 
So I need some inspiration and I need to start menu planning again. I find it easier to cook new things if I know ahead of time what I am going to do. I tend to fall back on the old faves if I haven't menu planned.
So I am wanting to try a couple of new things a week, and still have the old faves - spaghetti bolognaise, pies and veggies, steak and veggies, etc..

Any suggestions on recipes/meals I could make?

Here's my menu plan for the next 7 days. We'll see how we go with it.  
Tuesday - Slow Cooker Butter Chicken (from here) Trying this for the first time
Wednesday - Corn and Sweet Potato Fritters with salad
Thursday - Still deciding
Friday - Falafels (from a mini cookbook I got with the Herald Sun) Trying these for the first time
Saturday - Homemade Pizza (using a Pete Evans base recipe - found on my friend Tam's blog)
Sunday - Breakfast for dinner (Bacon, eggs, tomato, mushies, spinich - recently discovered Joel loves it!)
Monday - Roast Beef and vegetables

Till next time


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wondering how the butter chicken in the slow cooker worked out??? Melina

Megan said...

Hi Melina. I didn't end up doing it! It will tea this Monday night but I will let you know how it goes!!