A new found love

Monday, October 10, 2011

 Joel has always been a very VERY active boy. Always on the go, never sitting still for more than 10 minutes (unless he's in front of the TV) and constantly asking us to play with him. Very much an only child for a extended period of time. Whilst I love playing with him (most of the time!!) I crave for times when he just goes and plays by himself, just so I can get some stuff done. And I think it's really important for him to be able to do this. So I was very excited when he discovered he actually really loves to draw and colour in. He hasn't really been into it much until last week and now he LOVES it. He'll sit at his table for a good 20 mins or so, without needing me there, and draw pictures (mostly people) and colour in colouring books. He then proudly shows off his work and ask for it to be displayed around the house somewhere.
It's lovely to see him interested in a quiet, sit still activity for a change. 
Just more proof that he is growing up as well. 

Till next time

2 comments:

Tam said...

Isn't it the best when they learn to play independently?! It is such a great skill too (us mummies can't play ALL the time!)

Ian and Viv Callander said...

Good to see that you've posted one of his pictures of me, Megan. (Remind him about the moustache!!) D xo